The Compound - Mythical Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musings from the Protector: Dresden Sharpe's Journal

Go down

Musings from the Protector: Dresden Sharpe's Journal Empty Musings from the Protector: Dresden Sharpe's Journal

Post  Jasen Sun May 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Simply bound and nothing special. Dresden's journal is not locked and not always kept on him. He switches what he writes in frequently because he does not want to make his journal writing obvious. When his journal isn't on him, it's usually with one of his more trusted members of his pack.

MAY 12, 2013

I'm officially settled here. No more walking around like the new guy and needing to ask where things are. My senses have aided in figuring out the lay of the land, which is good for avoiding awkward situations. I haven't lived up to my usual reputation of being awkward. It's been difficult adjusting, but at least I've managed to maintain a social life of any kind while in these walls.

The pack remains outside in the forest with the Brandt's. I haven't met this Kurtis Brandt yet, but from what I hear, my pack members have begun meeting his pack members. Here's to hoping there aren't any conflictions between our two groups. I would like to keep Brandt as an ally. Marcus, my brother, isn't good at keeping his alliances in order. That's where I come in and that's one of the reasons why I'm here.
Marcus still expects me to choose a mate sometime within the next few months. Like I didn't have enough stress right now. He says I should pick someone in my own pack that I'm friendly with. I'm friendly with every member of the pack, which makes his advice virtually useless. I don't see the importance of choosing a life-partner right now. It'll only add something more complicated to my life as it is.

I've met interesting people here. The vampire that owns the place who lies all the time like it's his second language. A pretty but odd hybrid that has a tendancy to stare. Some political figure. Lots of people around here. I can't see myself getting too close with any of them. It's pack first, socialization second

Jasen

Back to top Go down

Musings from the Protector: Dresden Sharpe's Journal Empty Re: Musings from the Protector: Dresden Sharpe's Journal

Post  Jasen Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

MAY 13, 2013

A meeting with the good doctor, Iliya T. Zvezdanov. As I was passing through the library, I bumped into her last night. She's got a pretty face too, but doesn't smile too much. I only saw her for less than an hour, so I gather maybe she was having a bad day. Personalitywise, she's not too colorful. Very serious girl who doesn't laugh much is what I got out of our meeting. She was friendly, but not warm, if that makes much sense at all. The kind of person that you don't look forward to talking to in any spectacular way, but do enjoy conversation with once one gets going. At least she was intelligent, as if her profession didn't make that obvious enough. Smart girl who knows how to get into a person's head. I still ain't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think it's either, since I don't think I said anything that would let her really see what goes on behind my eyes and what I say.

Tiny Karou wandered in once the conversation was nearly over. We didn't spend much time talking because she'd taken some injury during training and wanted to go lay down. Seemed okay though, even if she was off in her own little world. That seems to be common with her. I think she sees the world through a view not many people share. It reminds me of my late, but youngest sister Fiona. I guess that's what makes her nice to talk to. She's got that warmth that Iliya lacks. I can see why so many people are willing to be friendly with her, and why Warren calls her the eyes and ears of the compound.

Still no sign of Brandt. Might go out beyond the gates tonight to see if he's lurking out there. If not, I'd like to meet this Morningstar woman because if there's one thing I learned, it's that in this place, it's good to make friends with the people who have the most power. It's said that fear and respect get you the same thing in the end. And people act like they fear her like they fear God

Jasen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum