The Compound - Mythical Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- The Doctor's Notebook -

Go down

- The Doctor's Notebook -  Empty - The Doctor's Notebook -

Post  SuperStefan Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 pm

A plain notebook with lined paper is what Viseryn chooses to write in. He keeps it about with him most of the time.

------------------------------------------

October 29, 2012

First official night at the compound.
I have to say, it's very impressive. I imagine it being something more like a prison but upon actually getting there I realized it's not that bad. It's almost home-y, but I still know that everyone is more or less there involuntarily. I've only met a couple of people there. There's Warren, the owner. He seems like a decent guy buy obviously isn't very into giving much about himself away. He works for the vampiric council though, so I'll have to keep an eye on him. I don't really know what his motives are even if he does claim to be a "fixer". He seems to be very sure of himself, though, which isn't surprising for a vampire. He's technically the closest thing I have to a boss right now, so I might as well try and befriend him.

The girl I met is another matter. She's trickier to figure out. One moment she'll talk and be cheerful and the next she looks through you rather than at you. She's Warren's fledgling. Her name is Karou and she tells me she's got some nephilim blood in her too, which explains the marks on her hands but not that long scar she's got on her back. It looks fairly new. I want to know what the deal with it is but when I mentioned it, she grew quiet and only said that doctors are the only people who should be allowed to preform surgery. It was strange.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

- The Doctor's Notebook -  Empty Re: - The Doctor's Notebook -

Post  SuperStefan Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am

November 4, 2012

I'm getting used to the way things are here.
My daily schedule has become more routine. Get up, eat, spend some time working on new medications, visit patients, collect plants and ingredients for new medications, visit more patients, sleep. I don't have MANY patients right now (only one that's serious), but I still have enough work to keep me from getting bored.

I've never encountered a hybrid species before.
That's what my current patient looks like she might be. Some odd combination of something vampiric and angelic. I think she was more nephilim this "Karou" girl, than she originally thought. This might cause some problems and it might explain the back pain she's been having. Psychology explains the whole "feeling pain in a limb that does not really exist" theory, but what if that limb is there? It just hasn't revealed itself yet? A bit frightening to think about. I need to talk to Warren, who seems to be the child's closest "ally" in this place, and see if he's noticed anything suspicious too. I need to talk to him immediately.

Met another drow.
He's interesting, but he always seems like there's something he wants to say, but won't. Kind of like he's afraid of something? Very odd man. I've never been fond of the drow, even if they are very alike my own species. They're too shifty in their ways. Met another newcomer vampire too. He makes sense in what he says. I can deal with him.

SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 am

November 5, 2012

Okay, now I REALLY need to speak to Warren. There's a lycan cub (she's probably 5 or 6) who has been running around the compound for the whole day and there's been no sign of her parents. It's really going to become a liability for everyone here to look after the kid if her parents don't show up soon. It's dangerous. Lots of other mythicals here and if she pisses off the wrong one, someone could hurt her. A kid isn't going to now any better than to not do something around certain people. I need to tell Warren as soon as possible about this so he can try and contact her parents if possible. If not, she's going to have to be put under someone's care because she just can't run free and wild around the place like it's the woods she probably came from.

There was also an incident with Karou yesterday. It's not looking very good. The revealing is going to happen soon.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 am

November 13, 2012

A lot of activity going on this weekend.
I've been doing a lot of work lately, as more and more people show up. Mostly it's been getting reccords together and keeping track of the conditions people are coming into the place with. Nobody actually comes to me like they are supposed to when they first get here. I usually wind up having to go to them. If this keeps up, it's only a matter of time before some cold breaks out among the more human-species in this place. Might have to see about making it mandatory that everyone who enters the compound has to come see me within their first 24-hours here. It might be really difficult for some, but if it helps prevent a crises in the future, it'll be well worth it.

The big thing that happened over the weekend: Karou's broken from nephilim dormancy. I'm doing more research on the matter to see what else this is going to bring. Her blood's changed. Almost completely. The pH, the color, the structure. I'm going to take a look at another sample under a microscope tonight and maybe get an extraction of her chromosomal layout so I can see just how angelic she really is. She shouldn't have these wings if her angelic ancestry goes back as far as she says it does. I think someone in her family might have been lying about how closely related she is to a Celestial. I have to deal with Warren later too. I need to figure out what the hell is problem is with that poor kid. It's obvious to me how she thinks of him. It's annoying to see him be so standoffish and rude to her.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 am

November 15, 2012

Busy, busy, busy. The work isn't ending any time soon, which is good. Means that I won't be bored any time soon unlike some people I see around here. I think I might hire a second assistant just in case Kama isn't around when an emergency happens (and apparently they DO happen around here, despite what Warren told me when he first hired me). I'll try to get someone who isn't elven this time to add some variety to my practice here. No vampires though. Vampires never make good doctors. Same goes for unstable lycanthropes.

Speaking of cranky vampires, I introduced Warren to Kama and I'm very convinced the man is so bitter from being in the compound that he's beginning to hate everyone who looks at him. Apart from Karou but nobody's really sure if he likes her or if he's silently brooding and waiting to rip her head off. I'm not sure myself. One second he acts concerned the next it's like she's mere garbage. I don't know why I'm concerned, personally. Maybe it's because these past few days I've spent so much time with the girl that I realize that she can't be this pesky thing that Warren makes her out to be. She's the opposite, really. I think we'll grow to be good friends. Warren, on the other hand, is just my boss and it appears that's all he'll EVER be.

Spent some time around the compound today. Met a few new faces which was nice. Always good to meet new people. There's a new faerie who works in the tavern/dinning area, but she doesn't have a clue how to do her job. Somebody ought to train her. She looks like she's 14. Too young.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 am

November 18. 2012

Lots of things went down today.
I got an anonymous letter dropped on my desk this morning from whoever's in charge of the mail around here and opened it to find a note telling me to keep my eyes on Vertic. I've never liked the guy though I've pretended to. There's something about him that strikes the wrong chords with me. A fallen angel ( a highly ranked one at that ), known for his assassination missions, shows up at a compound where a very rare species of nephilim is just coming out of dormancy? How did that not strike me as suspicious before... Something definetly wasn't right, so I went to see Warren about it. I explained to him how if he calls down all the angels to get her, they won't come for JUST her but figure out that it was him that sired her and get HIM first. After a long talk we decided to see if the vampiric council could lay claim on her to ensure that no harm WOULD come to her.

I don't usually like to get involved in the personal lives of patients, but it would appear that both she AND Warren keep letting out their thoughts to me in my office. It's because I can't tell anyone, of course. Anyways, I wound up having to transfuse Warren's blood into Karou to ensure that whoever the council judge was wouldn't detect just HOW angelic she is. It worked. She's officially his fledgling. Another life saved by myself.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll find some real friends around this place. I suppose Kama could be called a friend, but I don't see much of her and she's always very professional. Karou could be a good friend, I think, but she's more of a patient than anything. Warren? Warren needs to sort out what it is he wants from the world before that guy is ready to make any friends at all. He needs to stop moping around so much and actually do something to make himself happy for once. That's a cure I can't prescribe though.

And me? I'm doing alright.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:25 pm

November 24, 2012

I am now convinced that I am always right when it comes to my judgement about the people in this compound. It really is beginning to seem that way. I was right about Vetric's near insane possessiveness of someone he doesn't even have, he just thinks he does, and how Warren constantly lies to himself. I could write a lot in this entry, but I'm not one for writing down long stories. All there is to know is that once again I'm trying to give people answers to their problems. A cure for every ailment, if you will. Not everyone takes my advice to heart and I know that sometimes it isn't the best advice, but in the end I don't intend badly for anyone. I need to stop worrying so much about the social lives of others and start focusing more on my practice. There's much to be done around the compound and if my advice is ignored, I don't see why I should give it. I'm not trying to fight anyone, but I am trying to show people that not every situation has to be some big bloody battle.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 am

November 26, 2012

Been a little while since I updated this. Two days, but that's enough for all hell to break loose and then some.
The WEIRDEST things keep happening around here.

The least of them is that people have an odd habit of tripping on the cobble when it's raining. First, Karou comes to me (for more than one reason, but I'll get back to that later) with a twisted ankle, then this psionic girl named Aisling who is some supposed medical experiment for humans comes with a fractured wrist. That's easily handled. What seems to be the biggest problem around here are the children. That's right, the KIDS. There are at least 3, if not 4, little kids running around the compound without parents and really any supervision. Of course they don't realize the danger they're in when they're out provoking people with what they think is harmless play. There are some of the more violent species walking around this place that wouldn't hesitate to turn them into meals. Something has to be done. They have to have someone adult with them at all times. If not to make sure they stay out of trouble, to make sure that they're getting training for their powers. Two of them seem to be pure-bloods into whatever species they are and those are NEVER stable in young age. They need rooms here, too, but Warren hasn't done anything to help them.

I get that the guy has a busy schedule, I really do. And it's great that Miya's working as his assistant now, but he's not really looking after the actual people here, he's just focused on the business of it. I got yelled at by the guy yesterday for trying to get Karou back indoors after she had an episode in my office (which he wasn't there for). Really, he needs to open his eyes to the way others are feeling and stop thinking so damn much about himself and how the vampiric council view things.

So I've been doing research on Karou's condition. She keeps having these obscure visions of angelic beings that she claims she's never seen before. Whenever she has them, she goes almost catatonic and has to stay in my office until they're over. To top it off, she has these odd green, scale-like markings in one very particular stripe of skin. Anatomically speaking, those shouldn't be there. I've decided to turn my efforts away from science and into ACTUAL myth (not the supposed "myth" that people here are) to see if there are some answers there. So far I've found several theories that might explain her skin and her very species itself, but none of them are very positive. I'd like to talk to Warren about them before I tell her the options, but I know I'll get the same answer as I usually do: "How does this concern me?"

How does it concern you? Well, let's see:
1. You live with the girl.
2. You sired her, which makes her your responsibility until she's no longer in the fledgling/newborn stage.
3. You oversee the entire compound -- if what she is becomes potentially dangerous, naturally you're going to have to step in and do something about it.

I thought Vetric might have been bad for the girl but now I'm starting to think this Warren man might be too. I know it's not my place to try and interfere with her feelings, but it might become nessecary soon.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 am

November 27, 2012

Not too busy yesterday.
Just a couple of people in for scrapes and bruises, gave out some headache meds to some other boy.
I spoke to Warren about the issue with the children, but I don't think anything will get done as fast as it should. He made a big deal about emphasising how the money for any sort of daycare was going to "come out of his own pocket". I would think the vampiric council would be so uptight as to not give out a little sum of money to build another small room where two or three kids could go stay during busier hours of the day. Greedy things, the vampirics are. As nice as some of them seem, when it all comes down to it, they all want the same things: gold and blood. I suppose if nothing gets done quickly the amount of kids I have to look after during the day will increase. Warren says he's got a new assistant - Miya. Maybe she could help out in some way.

There is one good thing Warren's good for and that's getting information. I plan on getting to the bottom of Karou's oddities today with the help of a few books he ordered from the Davikov. If anatomy can't explain what's going on with her, maybe myth will.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:25 am

December 2, 2012

I go after for a couple of days just to get a few errands done and come back to the biggest mess I have ever seen. It's like half the people in the compound have lost their minds. People I once thought were completely sane have gone crazed in what seems like overnight. It must be something in the water.

To start off, I had to deal with an Addonexus coming out of dormancy and everyone knows how much fun those are. There are still shards of bone floating around my office. Kid looked like a bony porcupine. Didn't even know he was remotely mythical other than the reason why he got sent here in the first place, so I had the wonderful job to fill him in on what exactly he is. He seemed embarrassed, to say the least.

Then I got to deal with my least favorite person in the entire place and the world's worst boss. The guy is so emotionally stirred up by his fledgling that he can barely stand to be around people and behave properly. Every time he comes to see me, it's always about the same thing. Oh, he regrets saying this to Karou, oh he regrets doing that. Apparently she kissed him (That's my little bird, brave as usual) and apparently he kissed her back and now it's some sort of big deal that two people express in some minuscule way that they actually give a damn about each other. God forbid Warren stop acting like such a moron and running away from the first sign of him actually caring about anyone other than himself. The fool decided it would be a good idea to take his anger and his thirst out on her. He broke her god damn wing! That was when I told him I quit, but I'm sure as hell not leaving that girl alone in the compound with him. The man is dangerous to her, whether she chooses to see it or not. And if he is dangerous to her, then he could be dangerous to everyone else in here.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 am

December 4, 2012

I've been avoiding Warren today ,but apparently nobody's seen him at all anyways. I asked Karou if she'd seen him, but apparently he's been MIA. He's probably off brooding about the meaning of life or writing sonnets about how much he loves Bird but is too afraid to blemish her innocence or something equally disgusting. Either way, even though Im not getting a paycheck anymore, I'm still acting as the doctor here. I set her wing again today and spoke with Madge a few times as well.

I came out this evening to see Ibram in a big fight with some new vampire here named Jose. He's a nice kid and apparently Ibram pressure him into the fight. That doesn't surprise me at all. I was going to break it up completely, but it seemed that it was ending anyways by the time I registered what was really happening. Ibram won, but he had such an asshole-ish attitude about winning to him that we all acted as if it were Jose that one. I have a theory that he did it just to get the kid to bleed to have an excuse to lick up the blood after or something else predatorish like that. I don't mean to sound like a racist, but nearly every crusnik I've ever met has acted like that. As I had said, the Jose boy seemed nice. New here though, doesn't really know anyone yet, but he did say he and Karou were acquainted. I'll see about getting to know him myself, for the sake of having new friends.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 am

December 6, 2012

I am told that Warren wants to re-hire me because he can't find another doctor good enough to fill my place. I expected as much. After the state I found Karou in last night? I don't think I'll be accepting this job offer. She came out of her unit while I was out talking to Ibram, Jose and the whole lot looking like she'd seen a ghost, so I took her back to my office. She didn't tell me much but I asked who'd upset her and her silence said everything. I was going to re-break her wing last night so that it would heal properly, but I didn't want her to have to deal with more stress. I gave her orders to stay at Miya's tonight. I'm almost certain the stress of whatever it is Warren is saying or doing to her is inducing more visions.

I went to speak to Ibram about the matter and expressed my feelings to him on the matter and we've come up with a plan on how to deal with Warren should he continue to be a problem. If he can treat perhaps the youngest and most innocent person in the compound like nothing but a doll meant to be tossed about, then he certainly isn't fit to be running this place. Money or no money, his rotten personality is not going to keep this place running smoothly. Either he gets an attitude adjustment, or we adjust him. Ibram agrees, Jose agrees, Miya agrees, Jay agrees. She hasn't said a word to anyone but me, of course (out of fear he'll snap her wings clean off, probably) but I'm not going to keep my silence on the issue. Enough is enough.

Also, I have a date tonight.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 am

December 10, 2012

Everyone in this place has lost their freaking mind.
I'm not exaggerating here. First it was Warren, then it seems to have spread. So, is this insanity or is this hysteria, because I didn't think insanity could even spread this quickly.

Last night I went to warn Warren what would happen if he kept up this violent, aggressive personality of his. I told him that it would not be just me who takes action but in fact a group of people who would come for him. He insisted my threats were empty, when in fact they weren't threats but rather sworn promises. He still wouldn't take me seriously, so I tried to lay it down for him like it was when Karou came in. Of course, she took his side, went about insisting she could fend for herself and didn't need any protectors.

She's defenseless as a newborn baby. She doesn't know how to use her powers or that damned sword she's got now. She knows how to turn them on and hurt someone with them (in this case, try and hack off someone's hand), but she doesn't know the magnitude of them or what harm they can really cause. The right person pisses her off, she might intend on just roughing them up and wind up killing them instead. She doesn't know her own strength and everyone here just assumes she'll learn.

There is no way around it. Karou is a Morningstar. Whether she likes it or not, she's bound to act like one.
It's only a matter of time before others start catching on.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStefan Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am

December 11, 2012

Mostly quiet day.
Didn't pick up until later in the evening, which was nice. I got some work done and have decided how I'm going to get my "revenge" on Karou and Warren. Since they seem to think my rumors were so bad the first time, why not step it up a notch and play into what I think I saw the other day? If they want to fight dirty, I can give it right back to them.

Mind you, journal, I'm not typically like this. But when you get violent with me, you should prepare for all out war.

Met a few new people around the place today. Some conjorist and an elemental, I think. Both seemed pretty odd.
SuperStefan
SuperStefan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down